Friday, September 19, 2008

Ellie Update 9-08

What a Great Summer!

Hello all,
In previous entries I have talked about being inspired and doing things a bit differently, both in life and on this blog. One of those minor changes that I'm hoping to make is a new 'section' of the blog called 'Ellie Update'. What seems to be a straightforward name and hopefully meaningful addition, I hope to do a couple of things. First, folks have mentioned in the past, but I think I was reminded again recently by a good friend that the house is great to hear about but don't forget about me and Ellie, that those images are what 'bring it home' as it were. So I'm happy to oblige, and I'll be doing just that. Secondly, I hope to write stories about our everyday life, not that many will be life-altering, rather just everyday moments that stick out from week to week for whatever reason. I think as life continues on retaining the connection to Ellie and me is harder as everyone continues in their own direction. Finally, I see a lot of other people in Ellie and through Ellie and it always strikes me when it happens.

Beginning then the inaugurel edition of this section, I'll grab the low hanging fruit by showing a few images of our summer. Some were taken by me, some not. I'll try to keep it brief so you can just enjoy this little girl as she grows up right before our eyes.
Cooling off at the fountain/And very wet but happy

BIG slide ride!/In the main concourse

Finished - a bit uneasy/NOT happy this ride is over


A bit earlier in the summer we went to Adventureland Park - a local amusement park that was a work-sponsored day. We had a fantastic time and it really felt great to create awesome memories.
Started out rough/Soon the Tea Cups made it all better

Great fun spinning/the more spinning in the air

and waiting in line/to spin more in the air...

and then on ground - more spinning/then some water to cool down

LOVED the spinning/The water though...

Lots of fun since Sam took the worst/group shot

Then we drove the boats

Then headed for more water AND spinning/Everyone has fun

UNTIL SHE gets wet/So we got slushies

And fed the fish

THEN to the bumper cars!/Boys vs Girls

Finish up on the train ride/and a little smooch

It was a long day/ EVERYONE was t-i-r-e-d ;-)


Like I said in the beginning, what a great summer we've had. Although the progress on the house may have suffered a tad, the memories that were created are more important hands down.

3 comments:

Sandra, Kevin, Eli, Mary said...

So, so sweet. I like the new addition as I love to see Ellie growing up. Our Mary looks a lot like her and probably of the same personality too. Be sure to include what she's like - can't believe how big. Glad you had a good summer.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I loved ALL the pictures, but my favorite-hands down-is the one of the 3 kids dead out in the back seat of the car! What a charmer. It must have been a day to remember! Thanks, John , for sharing.
Mom OB

Anonymous said...

She's so precious, John. Thinking of you both.
Much love,
Amy (Hopkins) Williams