Friday, October 3, 2008

Crazy Bath Day

The weekend of Set 20th was a day of beautiful weather AND progress. Good friend Steve N. stopped in again to help, little did he know we had a messy todo list in store!

Our main task for the day was to prep the master bath shower walls for tile as much as possible. We hung the blue board like pros and finished in no time (3 hours). Although I'm a big fan of the rotozip tool - I'm not a big fan of how much of a mess it makes! Function over form I always say (something that Leslie many times would frown upon) as it gets me to my end goal much faster.
Steve posing for the pic/WHILE I actually work

Hanging this new Durock is SO much easier


We also got the opportunity to finally put Ellie back into her room after the floors finally dried after being re-surfaced. The walls still need touching up and base boards installed - but she was excited to have her own 'brand new, just for Ellie' bed. This new arrangement really opens up the room and makes it feel once again big, especially for a house of this age. It allows her to really make a mess - and she's happy to oblige;-)
Temporary layout of bed/Until the wall is fixed and painted


The other bathroom has seen some progress as well. Although it seems the guys are having to hop scotch their way around the room due to availability of materials, they make a little progress each week and i think you can kind of get a sense of where the room is headed. It'll be a beautiful space when completed and Ellie will have many years of 'beautiful' moments in there I'm sure!
The tile floor/Tub surround

Overall room without glass door/The shower floor


This week just a little progress without much 'lifestyle' notes as I'll add more to come. We also got the glass block in for the master bedroom window so the brick layer can start on that ASAP and then the tile guy is at full go.. oh that reminds me, I should confirm that he actually has me on his schedule...crap.. gotta run.

No comments: