Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm Inspired By Another

A few weeks ago I was given a link to another blog site that has awoken 'something' in me. Don't really know what it was or what I'm really supposed to do with it, all I know is that I'm challenging myself to make a few changes in this blog.

I think part of this whole process is change, whether to me, my surrounds, or others that are in contact with me; I think that the effect that this WHOLE situation should have is to change the world we live in as well as how we live in that world. I have added the blog address to the right of a guy in CA that has recently lost his wife only after a few short hours after delivering his newest family addition, their beautiful and amazing little girl Madeline. I'll let you click over to read his story if you like and to maybe get a clearer idea of the source of this 'inspiration'. I will warn you, he does use strong language, but to each his own. I think you'll get a feeling of the man that writes the entries and get an appreciation for what he goes through everyday. The first change I hope to incorporate more of. Although I don't plan on writing daily, or give you all of the raw emotion that Matt shares, I will give you more of an inside perspective of what life is now like for Ellie and I. I know I have shared some of these things in the past, but I think I can do more and I think you may like to know. If you don't give a rip, let me know, but it is a direction I'm going and one I hope you enjoy reading about.

Second, Matt does a much better job of making his site 'interactive'. By that I mean linking to other things, whether sites of information or links to other parts of his site or to his recently released T-Shirt and paraphenalia site, he has more for the reader to do. Not that I'm going to go out and create a clothing line, but the Lord has put in me an idea that I plan on acting upon (how I'm not sure yet) and that will be part of this site as well.

That leads me to another point, making this whole thing a blessing. I have spoken mauch over the past 18 months of the many blessings that I have received, that others have received and even some things that I think I see the Lord receiving as blessings throughout this whole ordeal. I don't think that's enough. Observation, listening, praying are all good things but sometimes the Lord calls you to action and fear should not stop you from doing those things. As I have experienced in the lack of parenting skills that I possessed 18 months ago, God provided help for me to learn, to develop and to become what I hope is a great dad to a little girl that is the sunshine of my world. In the end, there is a large 'something' out there that He is calling me to do, to be that I need to start moving forward with or without clear direction, either way ignoring the fear. Thank you all for your interest, love, prayers and support, it most definitely has allowed me to accomplish all that has been written about here as well as the countless successes shared individually with all of you outside this cyber connection.
Stay tuned for further developments and changes - I look forward to sharing those with you all in the future as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buen dia JHON
Just read your comment on Matt's blog.
I feel very sorry about your lost.
You have a beautiful girl to take care of and for this reason stay strong and keep on doing the amazing job that you are doing!
You, Matt and others that have suffered the terribly lost of a beloved one are a GREAT example for everyone.
Stay positive and congrats on your gorgeous little baby!
GOD bless you
Sol from Argentina

Anonymous said...

Creeping over like my pal Sol...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful wife. And your Ellie is just to adorable.

Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Another creep from Matt's blog....awesome daddy you are...best wishes to you on your house project...it will be an incredible tribute to you and your wife's dreams when it is completed.

Sending a big hug and a kiss on the cheek from Minnesota!

Amy