Monday, March 17, 2008

Four Man Crew

The 'Three Ass Bath'
It's been a while, but we had a great men-only crew of that set fire to the list of the to-dos, that also had plenty of 'stories' that impeded some of the days 'progress'. I just kidding, the stories just made the grunting and old bone creaking more palatable. I had my uncle Tim (who recently moved back to within 4 hours of Des Moines - good stuff), my brother (who lives almost exactly 4 hours from Des Moines now) and Ron V all arriving before the usual 10:00 - allowing us to get a few extra precious minutes in.

You know what, god provides just what you need when you need it. It may not always be to your timing or liking, but that's because He knows what you NEED, the rest is what you want. Anyway, I have had some 'challenges' with the HVAC (like the last 3 months it's been a coin toss every morning on whether my house would be 52 or 64 - but never 70) and with all the props to the installers they've always stayed to find the fix. It's been rough, but they (I think) have found the answer and I hope it takes care of itself and the electricity bills go down. Homey can't continue to pay $650/mo.! BACK to Saturday, because to the need to redo about 30% of the duct work, the bulkheads needing 'adjustment', so my framing guru Ron took that on with the part-time help from uncle Tim.
The newly 'adjusted' air ducts/Ron pres for new framing

But first makes the old framing square/The basement bath

Sean doesn't always believe me/Time makes sure the time is right



Because the bathroom situation is still in the air, we needed to prep the basement bathroom for the existing toilet and sink - that means finishing the drain and supply lines and hopefully hooking those up. Then laying the backer board for the tile floor for the correct toilet height and wiring. Well Sean and Tim stayed on that as best as possible considering for once I forgot a few supplies and played runner in between hooking up the outlets in the bar area and helping the the dining room. They yanked the sink out of the first floor bath but left the toilet as I couldn't hook up the water supply because there were no more PEX o-rings in the city of Des Moines. After searching 6 different stores - the Lowes in Altoona was the only other store to carry them, actually be open on a Saturday and still had 4 bags of 10 in stock - I bought 2! Needless to say everyone was long gone for the week by the time I had gotten back. Thank you VERY much gentlemen - you really took the weight off my shoulders when it was really starting to build. Little did I know that more was on the way.
Lunch is where all stories are welcome/And so is Buddy these days

We talk through the to do list/Tim cuts some drain pipe

No comments: