Monday, October 22, 2007

Waiting For The Mud To Dry

This week was a busy one for everyone BUT me. The drywall finishers worked everyday until 9:30 or 10:00. I set up fans and heaters so the patches would be dry for them the next day and it would happen all over again the next day. I awoke Saturday morning with a relatively short list of to do-s that I haven't experienced since December. I really felt out of sorts. I still woke at 6:00 am but just didn't have the crazed, stressed out mind that had to finish 10 things before 10:00 and the crew arrived. It was a great feeling while at the same time was a very disturbing feeling. This week a lot was accomplished on the house, fortunately/unfortunately I didn't do much of it. The plumber also stopped by on Saturday morning and installed the water heater and the 1" line for the irrigation system outside. I'll hook everything up from the heater on. That took a few hours to help him in the morning and then I found myself in a very strange situation, I had free time to myself! VERY weird feeling. What better thing to do on a 72 degree Saturday than catch up with an old friend and play a round of golf?

LOTS of mud/One of the good guys

Working the corners/The other guy mixes the mud

I'd hate to do his laundry every day


I was heading to the driving range when I called Mike about the irrigation system and he mentioned he was headed to the course - well I'll join you, thank you very much! I got there a few minutes early (another first) and stretched out a bit and we were off. It was a perfect day of golf, even though the crowd of people ahead of us looked slow and it would prove to be VERY slow. Oh well, it beat eating drywall dust for 4 hours and pounding more nails into walls. WE had a few cold ones and had a great time. The golf swing hadn't completely disappeared, but it was too bad it took 6 holes for it to surface. Oh well, I found it just in case I find time in the next month to go again.

Mike tees it up/Pete lets it rip

I hope for the best/Then find my swing later

Pete waits.../Then Mike waits...

It's not always bad to wait...



Sunday proved to be another beautiful day and it was 'Daddy Day' so we headed out from church to the pumpkin Patch. Oh wait, Ellie wanted to take a nap first. So we did that and after inviting Aunt Weesy and soon-to-be-uncle Ryan, we all met out at the Pumpkin Patch. The evening had grown a bit windy and chilly but it was great fun anyway as I tried to bundle Ellie up as best I could. She may not have been fashion forward, but she was warm and happy. That's really it for this week.

Having fun in the 'corn box'/Aren't we a cutie?


Ryan & Ellie/Elisha & Ellie in the pumpkin patch

Ellie and I find a keeper!



I'll leave you with the photos and the prospect that all of my walls and ceilings will soon be primer white and ceiling white! It's an exciting time and I look forward to doing the work again myself. Slowing down was very needed and much appreciated but it opened a few doors to the wound that had been covered and as the anniversary of the crash nears I think they might resurface some. I'll let you in on some of the thoughts and discoveries as the days pass. I have so much to be thankful for in the past 10 months with all of the great help that I have received and the progress made on my house to get me in by the holidays. Having the anniversary on the horizon is a scary thing that I ask for your thoughts and prayers. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Liz Mead said...

Oh my gosh, John, Ellie is getting so big! She looks likes a miniature version of Leslie. What a beautiful little girl!

Liz (Duff) Mead