Wednesday, February 14, 2007

More Work Done, More Media Coverage

It's been quite the week! We had a good crew of about 12 that worked extremely hard doing the crappy work of clean up and nit picking details. We pulled up the floors in the kitchen which involved removing 4" of concrete under the tile area and taking up FIVE layers of linoleum in the old eat-in space. I guess once you go lino you never go back! There was a massive effort undertaken to clean the second floor so clean we could eat on the floors. Truly amazing how it took 8 people numerous hours and trips to unclog the vacuum filters! It wasn't as dusty as the first weekend, but it was almost as bad.

We also took out any remaining piping from heating and gas lines that were original to the house. Don't worry, the gas lines hadn't been in use (or even connected) for over 20 years. Regardless, the guys doing that DEFINITELY signed the waiver for the week. We took out and remaining plaster pieces as well. I know I've said that about 10 times, but if there's a section of plaster left I'm going to go nuts. I think we've come to the end of demolition and will begin the reconstruction stages. Man I'm stoked about that statement, more than you can realize and for more reasons than I could probably articulate in this space.

The other big news is that I also had a f-r-o-n-t page article on the status of all of the families affected by the tragedy in the Des Moines Register. This house was the lead and the picture was of Ellie and me in the framework of this house. Feel free to check out the story for yourself!

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070212/OPINION01/702120343/1001

I feel so humble by the interest, the help and the prayers given to me in this endeavor. It's amazing to see how many people care about my dream and future. I am truly blessed.

No comments: