Monday, April 23, 2007

Oh My Goodness!


Lifting the first large tree - from two angles
Saturday, March 14
The size of the trees were NO match for the crane that came in and lifted - I said LIFTED - the huge trees that once framed the North side of my house. I couldn't believe the sight and wouldn't have been able to describe it if I hadn't taken photos and seen it with my own eyes. The guys that operated the crane and saw were truly unbelievable and I owe the huge props for not killing anyone or taking out either my or the neighbor's roof. Hopefully the photos do the amazing work justice and you can appreciate the hard work and time spent doing things the right way. Sure I could have shimmied my way up those 65' trees and cut them limb by limb and taken half a week per tree and probably have fallen at least once from a height that would have put me into traction, but thanks to Scott and Lyn, I got to watch.

Inside...
We cut out the concrete floor in the basement and dug the trench. I never knew digging 16 inches deep could be so much FREAKING work. I suppose digging in clay makes a difference, but we got it done in the next few nights as well. Our backs definitely paid the price though. Unfortunately the interior of the house didn't see as much progress as maybe everyone would have liked because we finally got great outdoor weather and wanted to take advantage of it. We also had to prepare for the coming Tuesday of College students and crew to arrive with all of their youth and inexhaustible sources of energy. I'll keep this one short and let you look at all the photos of the week and some from the previous week I just got back from developing.
Lyn cutting a tree/Sean moving pea gravel

Uncle Tim under eat-in area/Uncle Keith cuts a large tree last week

Matt and I discuss roof line/Lola & Jane Remove floor supports last week

Sean under eat-in area last week/Dr. Sean repairs Matt (with a LG knife)

Lyn cuts a large tree/Ellie eats next to Dad

The brick crew again/Repairing trusses with water damage

No comments: